Purdue Master Gardener Program
Mar 13, 2020
The Purdue Extension- Hamilton County office, which includes all EMG programming, are following the policies and procedures being put in place by Purdue University and the Hamilton County Health Department regarding events in response to the COVID-19 concerns.
This is a fluid situation, but as of right now, per University policy, all face-to-face Extension events are cancelled or postponed until April 6. Until further notice, EMG meetings/committees with fewer than 50 people can continue AFTER April 6. As of right now, this restriction is in place until March 30. Participants should use proper health and safety precautions and their best judgement when deciding if they should attend. Anyone exhibiting symptoms, or having close contact with someone exhibiting symptoms, should stay home.
I know this is not ideal as we have many events coming up in May that we need to prepare for. Please know I am working with the University and John Orick to figure out next steps. I will keep everyone posted as I learn more next week.
For now the following events are postponed/cancelled:
- HSE Greenhouse tour CANCELLED.
- Bus tour is CANCELLED.
- Plant Sale Potting Workshop is POSTPONED for now. More details to come.
- April General meeting will NOT happen in person. We will work to determine how to deliver educational content to you, and other pertinent communications. We may do a web meeting or something else TBD.
- Indiana Flower and Patio Show is CANCELLED.
- Ag Day is CANCELLED.
- Seeds of Knowledge presentations will not take place through April 6 per Purdue’s guidelines and possibly after if libraries in the county are closed.
Ag & Natural Resources Educator
Purdue Extension-Tipton County