Barney Hobbs Memorial Horticulture Scholarship
The Barney Hobbs Memorial Horticultural Scholarships in the amount of $3000 are awarded each year.
- Hamilton County resident or child/grandchild of a HCMGA member
- High school senior or full-time undergraduate college student
- Intent to major or currently majoring in horticulture or a related subject such as botany or landscape architecture/design
Terms of Scholarship
- Up to five scholarships will be awarded on a yearly basis in June and will be paid directly to the recipient’s college at the beginning of the school year
- $3,000 will be awarded for each one-year scholarship with $1500 applied per semester by the University upon verification of proof of full-time The recipient will be expected to provide an update of his academic standing to the HCMGA within the first ten days of each new semester.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship award will be returned to the HCMGA scholarship fund at the end of the school year
- Scholarships can be renewed for up to 3 years (4 years when enrolled in a 5 year degree program) if the student reapplies and meets the criteria for renewal as listed below
- Award of scholarships will be without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, or disability
- Award of scholarships will be based on merit only. Demonstration of financial need will not be a determining factor